Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Journal 8

Emotional Images
In this project we were instructed to find images that represented 5 different emotions; angry, sad, joyous, uninspired, and scared. For angry, I thought of what I do when I'm truly angry and the one thing I thought of was I make fists. I'm one of those angry people that feel like hitting something (but when I can't I cry instead. HAHA. Lame). So I found an image of a fist and the one I found fit my idea of angry for it shows the muscle tension within the hand and looks as if someone is holding in their frustration by making a fist. For sad, the empty, foggy playground is what I found to represent the emotion. An empty playground is sad to me because I think of the lack of laughter and joviality when you think of children at play. Also, the way the fog and wetness saturates the colors of playground and one's mood. When thinking about being joyous I think of bright colors and flying, being free. With hot air balloons, you have that freedom of the sky and the bright sun. Also the rainbow of colors used to create different designs on the balloons are fantastic. So based off of opinion, I chose the picture of sand dunes as my representation of uninspired. When I think of a place like the Sahara desert I see a wide expanse of nothingness. A place were you can easily get lost and have no idea where to start your long trek through the hot desert under a beating sun. Lastly, I found the image of a dark room with a single TV showing white-noise as my image of scared. I'm not sure it truly expresses the emotion but sure causes me to be scared. Like many movies, TVs can often be a part of the scares, like when the girl crawls out of the TV, a person will turn to look at a TV and see a shadow behind them, and there was even a movie called White Noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment