Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Journal 9

Assignment 9 asked us to take 10 photos of objects we believed were great inventions and then 10 photos of objects that we couldn't live without.

Greatest Inventions
From top to bottom, left to right, my first image that I believe is a great invention is the gas stove. To be able to control fire with the turn of a knob was a great idea and helped to make cooking easier for even the most inexperienced cook. Second image is of a piano. Music is one of the greatest thing to ever come out of humanity and one of my favorite instruments is the piano. Amazing pieces have been composed on the piano and some of the most famous composers began as pianists. The telephone was another invention that was important in shaping our modern world. Communication went from snail mail by horseback, to Morse code, and then to the telephone. And the telephone/cell phone is one type of technology is continually changing and creators are always finding ways to make it better than the last. The microwave made for easy cooking for a kid. Of course that means top roman, easy-mac, simple cheese crisps, etc. Washers and dryers helped to give people more time to spend so that instead of spending hours at a wash board, scrubbing laundry, people could just leave their clothes in a machine that would clean their clothes for them. The clock was invented thousands of years ago. A way for humans to control their days better by understanding how to use their time wisely. Medicine has helped to extend the life expectancy of human to where one can have a knee to a heart valve replaced. Also, ibuprofen is great for when your knee aches whenever you walk because you decided it would be a great idea to tear your ACL twice. Microwavable popcorn has brought families and friends together on those Family Friday Movie Nights. The outlet is there to represent electricity. Without electricity, I could not power up my favorite objects. And lastly, the vacuum which also saves time with cleaning carpets.


Objects I Can't Live Without
Anyone born and raised in Phoenix summer heat understands that it would be extremely hard to live without AC. I love my camera because I am able to capture great moments and memories in pictures. I have a need to keep connected with those I love so therefore I have my cell phone as something I couldn't live without. A laptop is of extreme importance to me because it is my life, my entertainment, it holds my music and my memories. Everything is on my computer. Lotion. Again with living in the dry Arizona heat, lotion is need to keep those legs looking great in shorts. My mp3 player is constantly on. I wake up and turn it on, drive with it (playing out of my car speakers might I add), walking to class, reading, and even to help me fall asleep. Music completes me. My hair straightener makes my hair look beautiful. Television for my great time passer. My car Lil' Red gets me wherever I need to go, thanks for the hand-me-down Dad. And the ultimate entertainment for me is my XBox 360! Just something I can no longer live without now that I own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment